Wednesday 21 July 2010

Walk 27


Boscastle to Bude 17miles


I had been warned today was going to be a very tough walk and this was bourne out by the first hill of the day out of Boscastle! a very long a torturous hill, the up and down valleys continued all the way to  Widemouth Bay. Part of todays walk included the highest point in Cornwall at the top of High Cliff, and boy it was windy up there! The final big climb of the day was at Dizzard Point and at a third of the way up I had a "moment" when for the first time on any of these walks I wanted to give up...seriously after 12-13miles of treking up and down these valleys I'd just about had enough.....but I plodded on and reached Bude with and hour to spare before my bus to Camelford.


A foot note to this Blog is that I left Boscastle at 8.55am with a target time for my bus at Bude of 3.25pm (6.5hrs), I spoke to Steve at the B&B who had walked the path a few times and he gave me the "look" of you will never make it mate.......5.5hrs later I'm talking to someone in Bude asking where the bus stops........maybe on that last hill when I wanted to give up I should of checked my watch and then I would have realised why I was tired.............!

No comments:

Post a Comment