Sunday 10 October 2010

Walk 42

Cadoxton to Llantwit Major 15 miles

Started from Cadoxton in glorious sunshine, first port of call was Barry where I picked up the coastal path that would take me now all the way to Llantwit, I passed via Rhoose on the way where ther is a sign comemorating the fact that this is the most southerly point of Wales. Its a bit strange to look across the bay to England and where only 7 days go I was walking!! the coastal path into Llantwit had a few ups and downs but I managed to finish the walk and catch my train with 40 mins to spare. :)

I would like at this point to say a big "Thank You" to my friend Ken who lives in Rhoose and not only did he provide me with 3 nights quality accomodation, but ferried me to my start point on 2 days and rescued me from Cadoxton when I was nearly on my knees on Friday the "Wet Day" Cheers Ken. :) :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment