Monday 21 February 2011

Walk 49.......part 1 & 2


Lulworth Cove to Swanage 21miles


Part1......


I intended to walk this stretch of the coast in one go, but the weather had other ideas! I started from West Lulworth in what can only be described as a force 10 gale with rain as well, fortunatley it was a cross wind off the sea so it was blowing me back onto the cliff (not the other way round :)). So I trudged on, fell over 4 times, waded through countless mud and by the time I had reached the other side of Kimmerige I'd had enough, here I saw a sign for Kingston.....Taxi!


Part2......


4 days later I drove to Kingston and wow what a difference.....no rain and bearly a breath of air, thats more like it :) the conditions were perfect and I walked the last 11 miles to Swanage in just under 4hrs. Pic is of the lighthouse at Anvil Point

No comments:

Post a Comment