Friday 18 March 2011

Walk 51


Christchurch to Milford on Sea 9miles


I had to drive to Christchurch today and drop the car off for the week....I hope its there when I get back!!!! As I walked towards Milford I had to climb a hill to take the picture on this entry of my blog, this would be the last hill to climb for over 100 miles!. The view from the top of the hill was fantastic stretching all the way to Harrys Rocks. A ferry to Mudeford greeted me at the bottom of the hill and then it was a straight forward 6 mile walk along the beach into Milford on Sea, I crossed the county border into Hampshire today so farwell Dorset. As I arrived into Milford the IOW came into view and I had a great view of the Needles. I stopped in a nice B&B in Milford and in the evening decided to go out for a meal so I chose the closest to the B&B which just happened to be the Zaika Indian Resturant but to my horror they refused to serve me because and I quote " we do not have any tables for one".....so if your ever in Milford, you now know where not to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment