Monday 20 June 2011

Walk 62

Broadstairs
Reculver Castle











Ramsgate to Whitstable 24miles


Another nice early start today but with no pack....what a relief as my shoulders are really starting to ache. Today's walk was due to be mainly flat and I wasn't disappointed!. A lot of the Kent coast seemed to have a lot more to offer (unlike Sussex!).......in fact I had a lot of pre conceptions about this part of the coast (kiss me quick hats, gaudy etc etc) but how wrong could I be!!!
So the first port of call today was Broadstairs, then a long succession of small beautiful bays all the along the coast to Margate, unfortunately Margate let the side down.....they have tried to spruce it up by putting the Turner Gallery on the seafront but as I always say" you cant polish a turd!" The rest of the day was spent hugging the coast past the roman fort at Relculver onto and through Herne Bay and finally onto Whitstable.

No comments:

Post a Comment