Tuesday 7 May 2013

Walk 127

Lytham to Fleetwood 18miles

I woke up and looked at my now swollen foot, I put my shoe on and limped down Preston high st and found a shop selling tennis shoes, I had no choice to carry on at this point as all my accommodation for the next few days was paid for with no chance of a refund.

Lytham

I had intended to walk along the busy A584 to Lytham but something had to give and yet another pointless estuary walk was the very thing I didn't need today.  So I took a train journey to Lytham and there on the seafront lawn to greet me was a fantastic windmill I didn't expect to see that on my journey up the west coast of England.  A mile or so up the road from Lytham is the town of St Annes, now I thought Lytham St Annes was one town but no it is in fact two, today was becoming full of supprises! The next part of the journey was along the beach all the way to Blackpool.

I haven't been to Blackpool since 1978 and I must say I was pleasantly surprised by the promenade and what a great job the council had done to make it all spic and span!, A word of advice, when you walk along the promenade.....don't look right!!!!

Fleetwood Lighthouse
The rest of the journey to  took me through Bispham and Cleverleys and finally to Fleetwood where there is a fantastic old lighthouse which was built in 1839 and is made of sandstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment