Tuesday 25 March 2014

Walk 160

Achahoish to Barnluasgan 21Miles

Its Saturday so I'm having to use taxis to get to and from my start/finish point as the buses in these parts are pretty non existent on a weekend!

Ellary
The start of the walk takes me up and around the top of Loch Caolisport and eventually dropping down along the opposite bank of the Loch at Ellary, here I had to leave the road walking for a while and moved onto farm track which was a little easier on the feet.  There is a large estate at Ellary with a big house to compliment the estate, and a very big hill to climb! I hadn't seen one this big for quite a while and it took me 2 attempts to get to the top as I had to stop halfway up to catch my breath or as I like to think in my mind "admire the view"!  Once over the top it was pretty plain sailing all the way to Kilmory which is a nice Hamlet complete with chapel ruin.  I now picked up the Island of Danna on my left and also Loch Sween this lead onto Castle Sween. So its now time for a Rant......At Castle Sween ( which is very picturesque sitting on the bank of its own Loch) some idiot has decided to put a static caravan park in the grounds of the castle! what a bloody peasant! really they could have put it anywhere but right next to a National Monument, who is this planner that let this happen? take him outside and have him shot I say!!!

The rest of the walk up to Barnlusgan was through a lot of forest via Achnamara and Strone eventually arriving at my taxi pick up point at the forestry commission office 1/2 hour ahead of schedule, however once I had stopped my right knee really started to hurt and there was a large amount of fluid in a lump just below the kneecap and I thought uh oh this is not good.

Accommodation: The Stag Hotel Lochgilphead. Just recently refurbished so everything was very new and comfortable, however the noise from the street was unbelievable with the local youths keeping me awake well into the small hours using the main street as a race track, so if you want a good nights sleep best to avoid this one! £36.00 B&B

No comments:

Post a Comment