Monday 13 September 2010

Walk 33


Lynton to Porlock 13miles


I drove to Lynton today, parked up and then hopped onto the cliff railway down to Lynmouth, the cliff railway was built by the Victorians and is completly water powered .....enviro friendly!


The first 2 miles of the walk out of Lynmouth was uphill! the rest of the walk was through forest so I didnt see the sea for most of the day! In amongst the forests I managed to cross the county border into Somerset (hooray! another county other than Devon and Cornwall!) The weather was glorious again and the walking (other than the first bit) was really very easy and flat. I finished the day off with a ride on the open top bus from Porlock to Lynmouth the views were stunning! however it took me 3 days to get the bugs out my teeth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment