Thursday 8 September 2011

Walk 72

Jewel o the Seas
Finton to Felixstowe 23miles

Frinton Beach
After a 7hrs car journey to our friends in Brightwell the night before I was gasping for a good walk today....and I was'nt disapointed. The weather was fantastic for the first weekend in September, 26deg and sunny!!! I had a short train journey to Frinton and my start point, luckily the tide was out so I hopped onto the beach and walked to Walton on the Naze, I then had a day of mostly inland walking all the way around to Harwich. I managed to nip onto the ferry to Felixstowe where it just timed nicely with the departing "Jewel of the Seas" ocean liner (see pic) which I must say was a spectacular sight. I met up with my friends in Felixstowe for fish and chips a great end to today's walk. It was goodbye Essex and hello Suffolk!

No comments:

Post a Comment