Sunday 11 September 2011

Walk 74


Thorpness
Snape to Southwold 19miles


Sizewell B
After a fantastic nights sleep I was up and ready to go at 7am. A quick trip along the river Alde estury via Black Heath Woods and I was in Aldeburgh (v.nice). I then managed to hop onto the beach and it was 'route one' for the next 6 miles, taking in Thorpeness (see pic of colourful houses) and Sizewell B neucler power station (see pic) as I aproached Dunwich after leaving the beach I noticed on the map a word I had not seen for many a mile (probably 300-400!) and that was "cliifs" I was very excited but alas what counts for a cliff in these parts would barely register as a pimple in D or C!! The remainder of the walk was through Dingle Marshes (yawn!) and then onto Southwold with its Lighthouse in the middle of town!!

No comments:

Post a Comment