Monday 9 April 2012

Walk 96



Carmarthen to St Clears 15miles

A walk through town took me to the castle at Carmarthen(see Pic), this was followed by a stroll down the high street and on to the river Towy, which I would follow downstream and then pick up the river Taf upstream to St Clears. Today was a mixture of roads and fields plus trying to make sense of the new signs for Wales coast path which were not marked on my slightly old map. Just before Llanstephan I managed to hop onto the beach and was able to walk around the headland, here I took a pic of the castle on the hill. The path then wound around the castle grounds and I had my lunch overlooking the river Towy(very nice indeed!) The rest of the walk was along fields and country lanes, on the outskirts of St Clears I met a couple of council workers who just happened to be in charge of 84 miles of the Wales coast path, we had a good chat and I pointed out a couple of places that signs were missing and they were very gratful for the feedback. It was nice to meet the people behind the hard work that has gone into making this continuous path possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment