Monday 9 April 2012

Walk 99


Bosherton to Angle 15miles

Today was a quick march to Angle where I had to catch the only bus on a Monday in order to get my train home! The day didn't start too well though as I managed to get lost on the Castlemartin estate, I decided to follow a route marked by sign posts but not on the map....big mistake you could of found me that morning quite easily by listening out for a loud voice uttering various expletives in a farmers field!!! Anyhow I managed to find my way back onto the correct route which is basically the road around the Castlemartin Artillery range and on through Castlemartin itself. The route then took me onto the beach at Freshwater West which is where they filmed various Doctor Who and Harry Potter scenes !(see pic) Shortly after Freshwater West I caught up with an interesting young woman who is running 39 marathons in 42 days for charity, which is the whole of the Welsh coast(including Offas Dyke). We had a good chat and I donated to the £25,000 she is trying to raise....here is the link please donate yourself www.dragonrun1027.wordpress.com/....... many thanks. The rest of the walk to Angle took in the sights and sounds of the various Oil refineries at Milford Haven.

No comments:

Post a Comment