Tuesday 17 July 2012

Walk 108

White Sands Bay to Pwll Deri 22miles

Llamas


Porthgain
A grey misty morning to start the day, and also to end the day as well!!  A couple of small climbs and then the rock climbing started! I hadn't had this problem since Cornwall with large slippy boulders to climb up and over for many a mile,  this made progress slow going. As the path regained its level I came across a field with Llamas in so I had to take a pic! I have seen plenty of other wildlife on my travels but very few Llamas! A few more miles along the path and I came upon Porthgain a very nice little village nestling in yet another valley. The up and down valleys were coming thick and fast and so was the fog! The final climb of the day was an absolute beast, with the path bearly marked and I imagined great views from the top....if only I could see them!  Finally I made it to Pwll Deri YHA and I must say its got to be one of the most picturesque in there portfolio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment