Tuesday 17 July 2012

Walk 109

Pwll Deri to Fishguard 9 miles

A 5.45am start today as I have a train to catch home.  The weather was damp and drizzly and my feet were wet within the first 1/2 mile, and squelching within a mile! I only took one pic today and that was of Strumble Head, the rest of the journey was very forgetful.

 This is where I have a mini rant.....the Pembrokshire Coast Path is the worst long distance path I have walked upon so far, not because of the views and scenery I hasten to add, but due to the badly maintained paths. At one point on my last day I was faced with a "wall" of undergrowth 5 foot high which I would of being better off with a machete rather than an OS map!! I know we've had a lot of rain but some of these paths haven't being touched for years.  GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!! a man and a strimmer twice a year would suffice.

1 comment:

  1. A coastal walker or two with a strimmer would probably do it! If we all participated we could do the whole country. It would be like painting the Severn Bridge!

    ReplyDelete