Friday 14 December 2012

Walk 121

Bangor to Llandudno 24.5 miles

After a night to forget in the worst accommodation so far on my walks, £20.00 for the night and I thought that they should have paid me! In order for people who read this blog to avoid at all costs I have made an entry all of its own c/w photos.


Penbryn Castle
 The day started with crisp clear air and blue skies, I walked down Bangor high street and was pleasantly surprised on how nice it was, people were busy setting up Christmas stalls for a festive market...very nice! Just after the high street I had to walk along a busy main road which took me past Penryn castle (see pic) even though you can visit this castle you can't walk through the grounds to get to the coast path. So I walked on through Tal-y-Bont and took a left turn down a track that leads to the coast pausing only to take a picture of the snow capped mountains that surround Bangor.
Conwy Castle
 The coast path is really well maintained and flat, the first town you arrive at is Llanfairfechan (easy for you to say!) this is where you pick up cycle path No5 which runs parallel with the very busy and noisy A55. I followed the cycle path through Penmaenmawr and onto Conwy where I stopped for lunch in the shadow of their magnificent castle (see pic) I crossed the bridge and made my way to the Great Orme (see pic), unfortunately the weather was starting to close in and by the time I hit the first slope it started to rain, by the time I reached the summit the mist and fog had descended and you could barely see 10ft in front of you this was a great shame as I was looking forward to the views from the top! I trudged back down the other side of the hill into Llandudno just as it stopped raining and started to clear....typical!

Great Orme

No comments:

Post a Comment