Friday 14 December 2012

Walk 123

Pestatyn to Sealand 24miles

A cold frosty but cloudless day greeted me on my final walk in Wales, I can't quite believe I have completed a whole country on my walk .....though I should have known it would happen eventually!!!

 
As I strolled towards the next main town of Mostyn I tried to calculate the amount of days I have spent walking the Welsh coast, and that number eventually came to 34, I thought not bad for a man over 50!!! Just after Mostyn the path moves away from the road I had been walking along and starts to hug the bank of the River Dee. I then came across the highlight of all my walking weekend , the wreck of the Duke of Lancaster.  Words cannot express what an amazing site this ship is as you walk towards it, its just incredible!!!!!!! Here is a link to information about this ship. http://www.dukeoflancaster.net/index.html.


I had to walk back inland for a while taking in Baglit and then Flint. At Flint there are remains of a castle, which is free to roam around and makes a change from the usual £5.90 you have to pay to look at castle remains. From Flint I picked up the cycle path to Connah's Quay and then across the Hawarden bridge finally arriving at the Wales/England border where I let out a loud Whoooooo as I crossed into England

No comments:

Post a Comment