Monday 13 October 2014

Walk 196

Thrumster to Dunbeath 17.5miles

A hard frost overnight greeted me in the morning as I made my way out of Thrumster. I walked along a quiet road towards Mains of Ulbster passing by Loch Sarclet on the way.
The view towards Thrumster




The blue skies overhead were very welcoming after the last couple of days and as I scrambled my way over fences and fields towards Ulbster I was glad I didn't have to do this in the rain!  At Ulbster I picked up the very fast A99 taking me along to one of the bigger settlements at Lybster.
The Old A99
Once past Lybster I continued onto Latheron and then Latheron Wheel finally arriving in Dunbeath 1hour before my bus was due, a really nice long weekends walking and it will be June 2015 before I am back on the trail so I had to make the most of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment