Wednesday 1 October 2014

Walk 193

Thurso to Dunnet 11.5miles

It was the last day of my walking holiday and I had a relatively short walk to the far end of Dunnet beach.
              The morning was crisp and clear as I started today's walk and as I wandered along the sea front I reflected on what had been a fantastic 10 days of walking, I don;t think that I will be as lucky with the weather when I come back in October!
               After the sea front ended I had to negotiate the River Thurso but once across I scooted around the castle ruins at Thurso East.

Thurso Castle
After the Castle I had to make it up as I went along today and headed along the coast towards Murkle Bay. There were a few fences along the way and I immediately noticed that the residents of the fields had changed to the more Bovine variety!!!! Uh Oh!!!  The walk was quite tricky and overgrown in places and at one point I had to take a diversion onto the main road to avoid a large field of bullocks!
                          Once past Murkle bay I arrived at Castlehill with its various ruined buildings it all looked very interesting but unfortunately I had a bus to catch!  I headed for Dunnet Beach and walked its magnificent beach for 2 miles a great way to end 10 days of walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment