Friday 8 May 2015

Walk 201

Nigg To Alness 15miles

Compared to the last few days today's walk was nice and easy.

The view across from Nigg Bay
The weather was set fair and the views were spectacular as I made my way around the Sands of Nigg.  I followed the very quiet B9175 all the way to Arabella where I picked up an even quieter road taking me to Kildary and then onto Milton.
Nigg Bay from Barbaraville
I picked up the B817 in Milton which lead onto Kilmuir and then Barbaraville which was dead opposite where I had started walking this morning....ah the joys of estuaries!!!  The road finally took me through Invergorden and onto Alness.  Overall quite a dull day walking wise but the views of the snow capped mountains made up for the lack of fun

Accommodation: Station Hotel, 94 High St. Alness £30.00 BnB. A great value hotel with a nice restaurant downstairs

No comments:

Post a Comment