Friday 13 January 2012

Walk 84



Oxwich to Rhossili 11miles

A nice easy day today...or so I thought! After a fine Welsh breakfast I headed out towards the church at Oxwich, and there I was faced with the challenge of many steps to the top of the cliff. It was on through Oxwich wood to Oxwich point (Dave Cotton, if your reading this you didn't miss much!), following the rather muddy path I scooted around the coast to Horton Bay (See pic) and it was once again across the beach to pick up the path at the far end, here was located one of the most picturesque YHAs I have ever seen, had it been open I would have loved to stay there overnight! The rest of the day was spent walking along some of the UKs finest coast all the way to Rhossili. I am now of course in the Gower and will enjoy every minute of it !!! Second Pic is of Rhossili Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment