Wednesday 25 January 2012

Walk 85


Rhossili to Loughor 19miles

A bus journey from Swansea took me to my start point at Rhossili, today was very windy but thankfully no sign of rain….yet! I walked down the steep incline to the beach and it was route one for the next 3 miles, however the lack of rain didn’t last very long because halfway across the beach the heavans opened, luckily I could see the weather coming in from across the Gower and managed to batten down the hatches before it arrived!I took the first pic of the day of Worms Head

Around the headland was Llangenith beach and further on was Broughton Bay by which time the sun had made an appearance, by the time I had reached landimore and stopped for a bite to eat at Hambury Wood I had been walking for 2 hours and I had not seen a single person (not even a dog walker) which was lovely! J At Llanrhidian I picked up the coast road and this took me through Crofty and Penclawdd all the way to my final destination at Loughor.

No comments:

Post a Comment