Thursday 25 June 2015

Walk 210

Macduff to Faserburgh 26miles

I couldn't wait to get out of Macduff or as it will now be known Macdump! I picked up the A98 for a mile or so (walking past CG No9) before turning left along the much quieter B9031, most of today's walk was to be along roads/tracks which was OK as the traffic was very light.
Gardenstown from St Johns Church
I meandered along the road for a few miles before turning left along a track to St Johns Church ruin, I wasn't sure I could get down to the at Gardenstown but I took the risk of having to back track anyway, as it turns out I was in luck there was a very decent track to the beach and the views over the bay were fantastic.
Gardenstown
As I made my way down the zig zag track I thought how happy I was taking a punt on there being a way down to the beach/village.
Gardenstown on the level
I made my way along the beach and through the village There is also track that's accessible at low tide that goes around the bay and comes out at Crovie.  At Crovie I headed inland along some very unused tracks and came out at Middleton, here I picked up the B9031 again  before taking a track left at East Mains, I followed this past a few farms and eventually ending up in Rosehearty.
Looking back to Gardenstown
I scooted around the harbour at Rosehearty and picked up the B road to Fraserburgh ( GC No10), passing through the pretty village of Sandhaven on the way.
              I stopped to take a picture of the 2 lighthouses outside the Scottish Museum of Lighthouses in Fraserburgh.
Fraserburghs Lighthouses

 I am always impressed by a lighthouse but two in one place was amazing! I didn't know what to do with myself!!!

Accommodation: Royal Hotel, Faserburgh.  I ended up staying here due to a mix up at the accommodation I booked, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone as its a dump that charges £51.00 a night, the rooms are old,cold and dated and the fact that they had only 2 rooms let for the whole night in a 24 bed hotel says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment