Friday 18 March 2016

Walk 222

Dalmeny to Seaton Sands 22.5miles

I stopped for breakfast at the hotel under the Forth Rail bridge, as I sat there I reflected on what had been a fantastic few days walking the Fife Coast Path, it had been a long time since I had walked along a continuous coast path and not had to head inland or walk through farmers fields (with me usually getting lost!) it had been a real treat.

I was now back to "making it up as I go along" which is OK with me.  I started today by walking around Peatdrught Bay and then heading east past Dalmeny House.
Dalmeny House
The path eventually ends at the river Almond and you have to walk the irritating 2.4 mile up stream and down stream to get back to the coast, it may have been irritating but it was still one of the nicest detours I have ever taken.
River Almond Weir
Once I was back on the coast the boardwalk was wide and full of roller bladers, cyclists and joggers....I thought I must be near Edinburgh.
         Scotland's capital loomed large in the distance with the peak of Arthurs Seat sitting proudly in the middle of the hustle and bustle. I skirted around the outside of the city via the Port of Leith and eventually arriving in Portabello with its fabulous sea front.
Portabello Beach
Not long after Portabello is the town of Musselburgh where I picked up a new coast path The John Muir Way, this path would take me all the way along the coast past Dunbar, occasionally it heads inland but most of its route is along the coast.  The final few miles to Port Seaton were along the new coast path and I eventually arrived tired and hungry at my accommodation for the night.

Accommodation: Wemyss Hotel, 18 Links Rd. Port Seaton £25.00 RO It was OK for the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment