Monday 14 March 2016

Walk 218

Tayport Bridge to St Andrews 17miles

A nice easy days walk today starting with a bus ride to the Tayport Bridge, the sun was out again which was very nice to see.
Tayport Lighthouse
I had now picked up the Fife Coast Path which starts inland at Newburgh and finishes at Kincardine, I was only going to walk the Tayport Bidge to Inverkeithing section which is more or less most of it!
                The walk took me along the Tay estuary until I reached the village of Tayport, here I headed into the forest of Tentsmuir which was just lovely to walk through, everything was so quiet.
The path eventually lead me out of the forest to Leuchars and onto Guardbridge.  The road in Guardbridge had been blocked at one end due to Gas works, it was surreal walking along what is usually a very busy road, I even stopped and talked to a local man who was cutting his hedge and commented on how nice and quiet it was along this road, he was loving the peace and quiet.
                   All too soon I was back on the busy A91 heading full steam to St Andrews, I stopped briefly to take a picture of the golf course but as this is my 6th visit in the last 2 years I've seen everything that needs to be seen in this beautiful town.

St Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment