Tuesday 11 October 2011

Walk 76




Gorleston to Sea Palling 18miles








A really nice brekie and blue sky started the day well for my walk to Sea Palling. A short walk took me into Gt Yarmouth via an inland lighthouse at Gorleston (see pic). Gt Yarmouth is like any other seaside town in the UK with its tacky shops and even tackier people! once past all the shops I hopped onto the beach (which I must say is lovely golden sand) it was then full steam ahead to California where I had to take an inland route due to the beach turning into large boulders, I only had a small 2 mile trip to Newport before I could walk the rest of the day along sand dunes and beaches. At Waxham with only a mile or so to go I decided for the first time in the 1300 miles I have covered so far to take off my walking boots and socks and have a paddle in the sea and it was just fantastic, especially when a curious seal decided to pop up his head only 5 yards out and see what I was up to!!! A perfect end to a perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment