Monday 15 October 2012

Walk 115

Barmouth to Talsarnu 15miles

 
The weather forecast was that today was the best day of the week and they weren't wrong! I walked along the promenade for the first mile past a rather grey pebbled dash covered housing estate, I thought why do councils do that? Why not a nice bright cream to liven the place up, however I later found out due to the fact that I had entered the Snowdonia National Park the people who run this organisation insist that the houses are all that colour and style! Yuch get some taste guys!!!!

The journey to Harlech was along roads so no chance of making a mistake today, this took me through the pretty villages of Llanber, Tal-y-Bont and Llandanwg. At Harlech I bought a sandwich and ate it in the castle grounds, this is one of the great castles in Wales (see Pic) and is just fantastic!
Halfway through my sandwich I spotted a big ginger cat walking along the edge of the (now dry) moat, he soon jumped up onto the wall in front of me and made a beeline for the bench I was sitting on! He obviously loves snuggling up to tourists for food which worked on me easily, but once Id finished my sandwich he was gone onto the next victims....they had corned beef!!!

The rest of the journey to Talsarnu was along a nice quiet road, very uneventful and frankly after yesterday I was thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment