Monday 15 October 2012

Walk 116

Talsarnu to Pwllheli 23miles

 
The day started with a short walk to a narrow bridge across the river Afon Dwyryd, this is quite a tricky bridge to cross as there is only room for 1 car and not much else so you have to time your crossing and walk quickly! This took me through Minffordd and onto Porthmadog where I took a photo of the narrow gauge railway that runs to the bottom of Snowdon this is a railway I haven't travelled on for 40 years....ahhhh the memories....!
. The path then takes you through Borth-y-Guest and around the headland to Criccieth and yet another great castle! The path then picks up the main road until Afon Wen where it hugs the coast all the way to Pwllheli. It was in Pwllheli that I found the answer to a question which has been puzzling me for sometime, “does anyone in Wales actually speak Welsh” and the answer in Pwllheli was YES EVERYONE!!!! Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment