Monday 15 October 2012

Walk 117

Pwllheli to Aberdaron 22.5miles

 
Another sunny day as I left Pwllheli walking along the lovely beach at Traeth Crugan and onto Llanbedrog, here you have to walk through the grounds of a big stately home and up a hill to take you to a fabulous view of Lanbedrog bay and beyond (seepic). The path then winds it way down the other side of the hill to St Tugwels and the village of Abersoch. At Abersoch my map told me I had to head inland but I later found that the path is now open all along the coast to Port Ceiriad. So I picked up the coast path at Trwyn Fulfran and walked down the hill to Porth Neigwl or its other name is Hells Mouth, this is a 4 mile long stretch of beach which is just a pleasure to walk along. Once off the beach you have a really steep road to walk up and boy do people drive down it fast so beware! This took me trough Rhiw and finally onto Aberdaron which again is a very pretty picture postcard village.

No comments:

Post a Comment