Saturday 27 September 2014

Walk 190

Tongue to Bettyhill 16miles

After 10 hours sleep I was suitably refreshed for today's relatively short walk to Bettyhill!
Castle Barriach
 I made my way around the Kyle of Tongue arriving eventually at Coldbackie, here I was able to cut across fields towards Skullomie but not before I stood for a few moments enjoying the beautiful bay at Coldbackie.
Coldbackie Bay
After passing through Skullomie the road ends and a distinct track takes over leading you towards Sletell passing by on your way the Rabbit Islands.
Rabbit Islands
Once passed Sletell I weaved in and out various small hamlets including Skerray, Achtoy and Torrisdale this lead me to the fabulous beach at Torrisdale Bay.
Torrisdale Beach
It was then just a case of negotiating the beach at Torrisdale which was difficult at times due to the sinking sands! and at Invernaver I picked up the A836 taking me all the way into Bettyhill, a thoroughly enjoyable days walk.

Accomodation: Bettyhill Hotel, Bettyhill £40.00 BnB.  Very nice hotel.




No comments:

Post a Comment