Tuesday 30 September 2014

Walk 191

Bettyhill to Strathy 19 miles

I headed out of Bettyhill (downhill for a change!) towards Clachan turning left as I entered the village towards Farr. and its magnificent beach.
Farr Beach
Once past Farr I walked overland and via roads to Kirtomy, once past Kirtomy I picked up a track towards the ruin at Poulouriscraig once the track ran out it was wild walking time, which I must say I was really getting into more and more as this holiday went on! On route I came across Loch Tiormachd and I stood for at least 10mins staring at the sheer beauty of the stillness of the water, it was like I was hypnotised, strange really.
Loch Tiormachd
 I made my way to the track marked on my map at Poulouriscraig and followed it into Armadale.
Armadale Beach
I picked up the road in Armadale and this took me eventually around the bay to Fleuchary, here it was wild walking time and I followed the sheep tracks along the coast towards Strathy Lighthouse passing by Boursa Island on the way.
Boursa Island
I headed for the Trig Point at Aultivullin where I was able to see far and wide along the coast and it was just stunning.
Strathy Lighthouse from Trig Point
As I made my way past Totegan to the lighthouse I came across a natural arch cut out of the cliffs.
Totegan Arch
And finally I made it to the lovely lighthouse at Stathy point, there are Private Property sign up at the gate so I guess that someone has the privilege of living here, OK its a bit remote but in weather like today it would be a great place to live.
Strathy Lighthouse
Once I had visited the lighthouse then it was a straightforward road walk into Strathy and my bed for the night, a great days walk again.

Accommodation: Stathy Inn £50.00 BnB.  Some people should not be running a BnB as they give off a very unfriendly vibe the minute you walk through the door, and these people were "that" type !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment