Tuesday 1 October 2013

Walk 142

Isle of Withorn to Glenluce 28miles

Isle of Withorn
Luce Bay
St Ninians Cave
Another glorious day with temperatures due to rise to 24 deg and sunny. I started out from the Isle of Whithorn taking the coast path all the way to St Ninians where there is a cave that was used by St Ninian the first missionary saint to arrive in Scotland who set up the first church in nearby Whithorn. Once I had taken the obligatory photos I headed in land to link up with the reasonably busy A747, this took me to Port William and then onto Auchenmalg, the route hugs the coast all the way to Auchenmalg which was nice, and as far as roads are concerned this was very easy on the eye. Just after Auchenmalg I took the even more quiet road to Milton and then onto Glenluce, this route is fantastic as it takes you uphill, which in turn gives you great view across Luce Bay. Unfortunately Luce Bay is owned by the MOD so all I could do was look at this stunning bay :(

No comments:

Post a Comment