Friday 4 October 2013

Walk 143

Glenluce to East Muntloch 21miles

A little overcast today which was a relief as it really was too hot to walk in yesterday. I had to walk along the A75 for the first 2.5miles which was horrendous as the road has a lot of blind corners and the lorries were coming at me thick and fast. I did however manage to take a nice picture of the viaduct over the River Luce.

Sandhead

Drummore
Soon I was walking along the more sedate B7084, this takes you past the MOD at Luce bay, I find it very frustrating that you can't walk along the beach.  I soon picked up the A716 which took me to Sandhead and my lunch stop, whilst I was sat having my lunch I noticed a couple and their child flying a kite, and I thought it was nice to see children out and about instead of stuck in the house watching tv.  I was soon on my way taking the Mull of Galloway trail along the beach to Ardwell, this is a new trail that has only being open for a year.  After Ardwell I picked up the A716 again and this took me to Drummore where I stopped for my Tea as the BNB I was stopping in was 3 miles from the nearest restaurant.  Once fed I made my way out of town via the back roads where I managed to get stuck at a Cow Crossing! this is another first for me on my walks. So as I stood waiting for the farmer to herd his cattle across the road a car pulled up beside me and you should of seen the look of indignation on the drivers face, relax I thought this is the countryside things move slower!!!  I arrived at the BNB in good shape and was given the room that overlooks the Mull of Galloway lighthouse which was spectacular!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment