Saturday 19 October 2013

Walk 154

Tarbert to Carradale 25miles

Long and Winding Road
I'm following the Kintyre Way for a good few miles today and its starts in Tarbert, the first part of the walk is a climb out of the village past the castle this takes me onto a wide track where it meanders through a forest for a few miles.  Eventually the track runs out and this is where the fun starts, I have walked along many a coast path etc during my walks but never have on walked upon one so badly maintained as the Kintire Way, I know we have had a lot of rain recently but this was like a bloody swamp! no sign of any alternative route or even running boards its just appalling!!!!  The path fortunately soon turns back into a track and eventually arrives in Skipness, I decided to shelter under a tree to eat my lunch overlooking the bay and much to my delight there were 2 seals frolicking in the bay it was a joy to watch whilst I ate my sandwich.

The Isle of Arran was in full view today and along the road at Claonig the ferry to the island was chugging out of port.  The quiet country road I was walking along took me through Grogport and then onto Carradale to my BNB for the night.
Arran


No comments:

Post a Comment