Friday 4 October 2013

Walk 144

East Muntloch to Portpatrick 20miles
Port Logan


I decided the night before that I would have an early start  today so I could try and miss the worst of the rain forecast for the afternoon...... I failed!  Today was all road walking along minor country lanes and this started with a 2 mile walk back the way I came yesterday! This road eventually led me to Port Logan which was closed but I imagined that it would look lovely in the summer.  The road eventually bought me back to Ardwell where I stopped for a packet of crisps at the Chandlers but I only had 43p in change but the crisps were 50p so the lovley lady behind the counter let me off the 7p Scottish people are so nice!!

Portpatrick
The road out of Ardwell is long and winding and at Kirwell Farm you are high enough up to be able to see both sides of the sea which was nice. The rest of walk came and went quickly and wetly, unfourtunatley though due to the weather I had to give the magnificent castle at Portpatrick a miss....maybe next time?

No comments:

Post a Comment