Friday 12 February 2010




Walk 6 and 7




Bigbury on Sea to Plymouth


27 miles

My first walk with a stopover.

First part of the walk was from Bigbury to Newton Ferrers (16miles). this included having to wade across the river Erme, so shoes and socks off and into the ICY water up to my thigh...current was a bit quick in the middle as well! Stopped over night in Newton Ferrers (see bottom photo) went to the pub in the evening and a BIG shout for the lovely people in the Dolphin Inn that made me welcome as soon as I walked in the door, thanks for the game of darts...double 2...my favorite! oh yea the food was great as well!


Second part of the walk was from Wembury to Plymouth (11 miles) thanks to Jill at the B&B for the lift round to Wembury this is due again to the fact that the ferry only runs in summer. I saw a few Exmoor ponies running wild. Second photo (top) is of Wembury church...aparently a very popular location for having your wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment