Tuesday 8 June 2010

Walk 20


Pendeen To St Erth


20miles


I was up early as today was my first veture into new teritory! according to the SWCPA website the journey to St Ives(15 miles) was graded as " Severe" so I was ready for a long slog! My start point was Portheras Cove (Pic) very nice...mentally ready for the walk of walks!!!....well what can I say.....bit of a disapointment really, had a bit of rock climbing on the way and there was a few large up and downs but I ended up arriving in St Ives 3 hours ahead of schedule! so I walk another 5miles onto St Erth.

I did however have a close encounter with a Snake on my journey from Portheras, I was just about to step of yet another rock when I happened to look down and there slithering accross the SWCP was non other than a 12in Adder...bit of a shock really couldnt get my camera out in time though!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment