Sunday 30 January 2011

Walk 48


Weymouth(Kings Statue) to Lulworth Cove 14Miles


Gary dropped me off at the Kings Statue to start the walk(cheers mate!) and I promptly walked along the front the mile or so to the cafe and met him for breakfast...perfect start to any walk! I said my fairwells after breakie and walked out of town up a small incline, the next few miles consisted of reasonably flat terain but unfortunatly the mud made an unwelcome return :(

The hard part of the walk was just after Ringstead Bay where things got a lot tougher, I have to admit I wasn't expecting this sort of terrain as the SWCP website had said this part of the walk was "moderate"! So I walked up and down West Bottom, Middle Bottom, East Bottom, Durdle Door(See Pic) and finally into Lulworth Cove.
On the way down the hill into Lulworth Cove I met a couple on there way home, and managed to scrounge a lift to Wool station, so a big thank you to Jackie and Ian :)

No comments:

Post a Comment