Wednesday 25 May 2011

Walk 60




White Cliffs











Lydd to Capel(nr Folkestone) 25miles

Battle of Britain Memorial
I have now crossed into another county, Kent the garden of England or at the mo is should read the Desert of England!....after so little rain for the last 3 months some of the fields I have crossed have cracks in them 3ins wide I could get my hand in and feel the earths crust !!!LOL


So after a very average nights sleep at the George Hotel in Lydd I was greeted with breakie, where bizzarely I had to pay per Item ie. Bacon rasher 90p, Egg 50p, Tomato 50p etc etc. First part of the walk today was along the Romney Marshes and then onto Romney Beach itself, its was all flat walking thru Dymchurch, Hythe and then onto Folkestone. I managed to drop my pack at the hotel in Folkestone so I could walk the last 4 miles and boy was I glad, because just outside Folkestone is a monster hill that leads onto the white cliffs path  The final photo of the day was taken of the Battle of Brittain memorial nr Capel over looking the English Channel....enough said......

No comments:

Post a Comment