Thursday 8 September 2011

Walk 73

Orford Catle

Felixstowe to Snape 22miles

A good nights sleep in the Garlston B&B and I was up and away by 9am, the day was cloudy and very autumnal. As I walked along the mile or so of promenade the annual art festival was in full swing, many artists were showing off there works in various guises and I hoped for there sake the weather would be kind to them today.

The route took me mostly along the coast for the first few miles, it was then onto the Felixstowe ferry and onwards to the Butley Ferry, in between I navigated my way past Shingle Street which is a group of cottages right on the sea front, I couldnt help wondering how long it will be before the tide swallows up those lovely houses. Just after the Butley ferry I made the decision to walk through Orford because I was told it was worth seeing, and I wasn't disapointed! The castle is fantastic so I stopped for lunch at the spot where I took the pic. The rest of the day was spent walking inland as you are still not allowed to walk all the way across the Orford Ness :( My final desination was Snape which is a very pretty village with 3 pubs!

No comments:

Post a Comment