Tuesday 11 October 2011

Walk 75


Benacre
Southwold to Gorleston 19miles


Gorleston
I started the day with a train and bus to my start point at Southwold ( via a bacon sarnie in Halesworth!). I hopped onto the beach at Southwold and it was sand all the way to Kessingland, at Benacre reserve I took a picture of a tree growing in the sea, the tree I presume was once on the top of a piece of land but due to coastal erosion it now finds itself getting its roots wet everyday! Today was turning into another hot one with the temperature reaching a dizzy 28 deg (its the 3rd October!) I had very little road or field walking today which makes a nice change, however I did end up on the nudist beach at Corton!!! what is it with with fat people and nakedness? In between Kessingland and Corton I skirted around the edge of Lowestoft and visited the most easterly point of the mainland UK, I now have 2 of that set (southerley and easterly) only Glencoe (westerly) and Dunnet Head (northerly) to go! Just north of Lowstoft I passed into Norfolk and so another county bites the dust :) The rest of the day was spent walking along the cliffs all the way to Gorleston where the second pic was taken.

1 comment:

  1. Gorleston has a great little website about the town's heritage with loads of pics, stories etc. To check it out follow the link from here: http://postcards-pfte.blogspot.com/2011/08/gorleston-on-sea.html

    ReplyDelete