Wednesday 25 January 2012

Walk 86



Loughor to Kidwelly 18miles

Today I picked up the No 4 national cycle route which would take me all the way to my destination at Kidwelly. The weather was dry and clear but the wind blowing a hooley and right into my face ! A quick trip across the bridge over the river Loughor and this took me through the Millennium Coast Park and on to Llanelli, around the bay and the first pic is of Tywyn Bach I really loved the layered effect of the grass bank. It was onward to Burry Port where I took a pic of what can only be described as the smallest Lighthouse I have ever seen, pity the lighthouse man that has to live in that! On I walked around the headland to Cefn Sidan Sands and here I felt the full force of the wind with it picking up so much it was creating a mini sandstorm! I was glad of the relief from the wind as I entered Pembury Forest and continued on my merry way following the well marked No 4 route all the way into Kidwelly.

No comments:

Post a Comment