Friday 14 December 2012

Walk 122

Llandudno Sea Front

Llandudno to Prestatyn 20miles

Prestatyn Beach
A damp start to the day as I walked along the front at Llandudno towards Little Orme, I dived into a bus shelter to miss the worst of the rain and succeeded in doing so! Little Orme was to be the last climb of my walk around the Welsh mainland coast and it was a difficult one as well, not so much the climb but due to the slippy paths the decent into Rhos on Sea was a little hairy to say the least! I took a pic from the top looking towards Rhos on Seas. Just after Rhos the path once again runs next to the busy A55 this takes you through to Colwyn Bay where I managed for a while to walk along the beach and in the process under the pier which is now derelict, the signs said to walk around the pier as it was not safe but whats life without a bit of danger!!
Rhos on Sea
Colwyn Bay Pier
The path stays with the A55 until just after Llanddulas where at last it heads inland, it was here where I jumped on the beach and walked the next 3 miles all the way to Rhyl. Now Rhyl is another town I haven't visited in 40 years and once again I was very sad to see how the town had become so run down so I walked quickly along the front and onto Pestatyn which I must say was surprisingly nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment