Sunday 10 October 2010

Walk 38


Weston to Portishead 26 miles


Another milage cock up today, should have been only 17 miles........! The sun shone for most of the day so musn't complain. A very different walk today due to the fact that I lost sight of the sea for most of the day and encountered a few probelms with the OS map again. First problem was early on in the day when I encountered the enquisitive "cow"....well a whole herd in fact!....I chickened out and was seen leggin it towards the gate I had come through persued by 20 or so fresians!!!! The second problem was later on in the day when I followed the OS map public right of way footpath across a field only to be met in the next field by 8ft high maize plants, I tried to hack my way through but 1/3 the way across I gave up, this was a day of doubling back on myself :( this explained why today took 8.5hrs. Todays journey also took me across the M5 twice and the West Coast Mainline twice! Eventually I reached Clevedon and from there on to Portishead was the one of the most welcome of coastal paths I have have ever seen :)

The B&B was fantastic c/w a huge bed, and after a hard days walking I had my first bath in 15 years!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. NB: "Had my first bath in 15 years".... and he hasn't had a shower for over 20years!!!!

    ReplyDelete