Monday 9 April 2012

Walk 98




Tenby to Bosherton 18miles

A clear crisp 1st April morning greeted me first thing, and the first order of the day was the 2 mile walk across the beach at Tenby which was lovely!!! Once around the headland I could see exactly where I had to walk to today and that can be a very daunting sight at the start of a days walk!!! The first bay you reach after Tenby is Lydstep Bay which sounds very nice but is in fact a caravan site butted up against a shingle beach....Yuch!!! I then had a small detour around the barracks at Manorbier before dropping down onto the lovely bay at Manorbier Beach (see pic). Next up was Swanlake bay and then Freshwater East (see pics), the fantastic scenery was coming thick and fast and so were the people!!! for 2 days I had hardly seen a soul out walking but today....you couldn't swing a cat without hitting someone!! The terrain was a little bit up and down, but a whole lot easier than yesterday. Finally I made it tho the military ranges at Castlemartin, and to my horror( where despite there being warning signs every 20 yds telling you not to stray from the path due to the possibility of unexploded debris) dog walkers were letting their dogs run freely in and out of the danger areas!!! I was waiting for the "bang" and bits of flying dog :(

No comments:

Post a Comment