Saturday 9 June 2012

Walk 103

Hornsea To North Landing (Flamborough) 18.5 Miles

Today started off dull and cold, it then turned wet and cold!  The walk today was very straightforward, and I decided to have an early start (7.30am) so as to catch the tide on its way out.  I hopped onto the beach and walked the 12 miles to Bridlington in one continuous straight line, I really love this type of walking as its easy on the eye and very easy on your feet. So 4hrs later I walked on through the seaside town of Bridlington, with all its bucket and spade shops and amusement arcades, there nothing quite like this scene in any other country in the world and I love it !!!  After Brid I climbed up onto the cliff tops and 2 miles along the path I came across a steep valley with steps!!! I thought I must be in the wrong county!!!! :), shortly after it was onto South Landing and yet another valley, what a treat for me...2 in one day!! a few more miles along the path and I took a pic of Flamborough Lighthouse, it was then onto North Landing and a bus back to Brid for my Bed&Breakfast for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment