Saturday 9 June 2012

Walk 104

North Landing to Scarborough 23miles


The day was very cold and damp, feeling more like November than May!  The first part of the walk today was along the cliff tops and the east wind was bracing to say the least!  At Bempton cliffs the birdwatchers were out in force, not surprising really as the Gannets were in the process of nest building, and the Puffins were busily fishing.  I stopped for a while to watch the Puffins fly in and out of the cliffs, this is the first time I have seen them in the wild which is another first for me this week! I continued to walk along the cliff tops and at Speeton I found a very precarious path down to the beach, the next 4 miles were along the sandy beach all the way to Filey where I stopped for a cuppa and a piece of cake!  After Filey I picked up the cliff top path to Filey Brigg, I started to walk to the end of the Brigg but turned back due to the narrow path and my lack of head for heights! I picked up the Cleveland Way at Filey Brigg and this path will eventually lead me all the way along the coast to Saltburn where it heads inland.  The final part of today's walk took in Cayton bay and then on into Scarborough. The first pic is of Bempton cliffs, 2nd pic is Filey Brigg

No comments:

Post a Comment