Sunday 5 May 2013

Walk 124

Sealand to New Brighton 25miles

Its the 10th March and as I step off the bus on my way to my start point at Sealand the snow starts to fall, the forecast for the whole week is wintry :(   The first part of the walk takes me through Shotwick down a lane that was completely flooded last time I was here, a couple of farmers fields later and I'm in Puddington and then on through Burton.  The houses are getting very big and very expensive as I make my way through these small hamlets, this is footballers country with big gates and big cars!

Mostyn School
Soon after Burton I pick up the No 70 cycle route which takes me along the Dee estuary through the pretty villages of Mostyn and Heswell,. At Heswell you pick up the Wirral country park trail which is along a disused railway line, it was very busy with dog walkers, cyclists and joggers, this eventually ends at Hoylake. I follow the signs for the cycle path and this takes me inland, I have to double back through a country park reserve which in itself is really nice but an extra mile on today's already long walk is not welcome.


Leasowe Lighthouse

I eventually find my way to the coast and its route one along the promenade to New Brighton via a very nice lighthouse at Leasowe. Today's walk was another long 8 hours and has come at a big cost as even though I thought I had "broken in" my new walking shoes I have ended up with a very large blister on my right foot little toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment