Sunday 13 April 2014

Walk 164

North Shian to Corran/Argour 22.5miles

The day started off with a bit of good news as I had found out that the footbridge across Loch Laich was open.  The footbridge is known as The Jubilee bridge as it was built in honour of Queen Victoria's Diamond jubilee in 1897,  it has had to be restored quite a few times the latest was the back end of 2013/ early 2014, so I was really pleased to be able to cross as you get a great views of Castle Stalker and the surrounding mountains from the middle.
Castle Stalker
Once across the bridge I picked up the disused railway cyclepath this took me alongside the Isle of Shuna, leading eventually to the A828 and the long slog up to Duror where at least the cyclepath skirts around the village, but its short lived and the road hugs the coast all the way to the bridge at North Ballachlish, not long after the rain really started to lash it down so the ferry at Corran couldn't come quick enough.

Accommodation: The Inn at Argour.  Really nice but my room was next to the road where the ferry lands so I was awoken every time the ferry arrived, didn't stop me oversleeping though!!! £49.50 BnB

No comments:

Post a Comment