Friday 18 April 2014

Walk 166

Drimnin to Lochaline 11.5miles Also Fishnish to Craignure 5miles

Lochaline Hotel taken from ferry to Mull
I had got talking to a couple of builders at the hotel last night, and it turned out they were working in Drimnin and they would give me a lift if I wanted, this was a bit of a bonus as I had no clue on how I was going to get there otherwise!
                 It had snowed on the tops of the hills overnight which had made everything really picturesque.
Isle of Mull
  So I was dropped in Drimnin by the builders and started on my stroll back to Lochaline, I say stroll because even though the ferries run regular to Mull (Fishnish) from Lochaline the ferries from Mull (Craignure) to Oban are painfully infrequent this time of year.  The walk was thankfully dryish and the road was single track so no need to worry about traffic, the route follows the Mull Sound and surprisingly there were no villages of any sort on this route but the views were fantastic! All too soon I reached Lochaline, I stocked up on food and waited for my ferry.

 Once I was on Mull I made a decision to wait 3 hours in the cafe for the bus to Craignure, but after 1 hour of nursing 2 cups of tea I just got up and walked the 5 miles and got very very wet! 
The walk itself was very uninspiring and as it was a fast road all of the way to Craignure I needed to keep my wits about me!  So basically there was forest on my right and the sound of Mull on my left for 5 miles and that was it!

No comments:

Post a Comment