Tuesday 3 June 2014

Walk 174

Locharron to Kishorn 11miles

I really enjoy these short walks at the end of my week away and this was no exception! A small quiet road took me out of Locharron towards Strome Castle, there is not much left of this castle now but its in a lovely setting.
Strome Castle
The road then took me down to Ardaneaskan which is right at the end of a peninsula but still has 2 bed and breakfasts! I  picked up a track taking me through a forest to Loch Reraig, this track then heads back on yourself and I started to wonder if I was going the right way but soon there was a sign and all was right with the world! The track was great and several cairns kept me on the right route, I headed onwards and upwards eventually topping out at a measly 624ft.
The views to Ardarroch are stunning and I could just see in the distance the road that goes over the mountain to Applecross but that's for another day......

No comments:

Post a Comment